Reflexology is a complementary therapy based upon the principle that the entire body is represented by reflex points on the hands and the feet.
Reflexology is a holistic therapy, which means the whole person is being treated not just the symptoms of disease. If one area of the body is out of balance, then others will also be. Reflexology helps by stimulating the body’s own healing process allowing the individual to achieve physical, emotional and spiritual well being. Reflexology is a gentle and non-invasive treatment which can be preventative as well as bringing relief from a wide range of acute and chronic conditions.
A gentle pressure applied to these reflex points can stimulate a response in the corresponding part of the body encouraging it to function more efficiently.
A reflexology treatment can provide deep relaxation which helps the body to heal itself and enables it to restore and maintain its natural balance.
Benefits of Reflexology:
- Reduced stress and tension throughout the body. Feeling deeply relaxed, during the treatment and afterwards.
- Increased energy levels on the days following a treatment.
- A good deep sleep often on the night of a treatment.
- Release of endorphins – your bodies own natural pain relief
- Improved circulation of blood and other body fluids.
- A stimulated immune system that efficiently remove all toxins and impurities.
- A sense of being balanced or in harmony
- As a fully mobile service “Mobile Reflexology” is able to offer a range of energy based massages that will relax and balance you.